Hybrid cloud is garnering increased interest and adoption, but it is already giving way to new terms such as hybrid IT and hybrid enterprise, which industry analysts say are the next phase of the cloud evolution. If IT executives are running SaaS, IaaS or PaaS cloud services in their IT environment, they are well on the way to becoming a hybrid enterprise.
For those still in doubt, consider the following global figures: 62% of employees work in multiple locations, 51% of organizations cite application complexity as their primary challenge, and 52% of organizations have more than half of their corporate data outside the data center.
While this shows the hybrid enterprise is here, it also highlights the challenges faced by the IT department as the complexity of IT grows. Going hybrid adds architectural complexity and blind spots for governance, management, support and security. The added complexity exacerbates the challenges of delivering and managing internal and external cloud services and legacy apps and data.
According to Gartner, hybrid IT is transforming IT architectures and the role of IT itself. Hybrid IT is the result of combining internal and external services, usually from a combination of internal and public clouds, in support of a business outcome. But meeting business and IT goals often require more than just a hybrid or public cloud strategy. They require a comprehensive managed hybrid IT strategy.
View this recorded webinar "How to Create an Effective Hybrid IT Model While Managing the Complexity of Today’s Hybrid Enterprise", as we delve into questions and answers IT executives should be considering:
- How do I best manage a hybrid model, given that many organizations may take considerable time to adopt the latest technology innovations? What are some of those technologies?
- Does my team have the right solution to support the business? Or how do we create a self-service environment to eliminate bottleneck?
- What value will the new IT infrastructure deliver to the business?
- Will it lower costs? Improve efficiencies? Manage spend? Or all three?
- Does the hybrid IT environment introduce new risk into the existing organization?
- At what pace should I move in migrating to this new hybrid model?
- Are my IT managers equipped to manage this new IT business model?
In this informative webcast, learn how enterprise IT organizations are transforming to hybrid IT to meet the needs of their internal customers by becoming a hybrid enterprise. Using real-world examples, you will discover how successful IT organizations have adopted the new IT business model as a core operating model.