Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform
Cloud Service Brokerage and Cloud Governance
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform is a comprehensive cloud services broker, cloud governance and cloud services management platform. Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform enables organizations to create, deliver, and manage multi-cloud services and implement a cloud-enabled business model for offering, delivering, supporting and billing for multi-cloud services.
Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform Supports:
- Service Catalogs to Support Self-Service Provisioning
- Policy Management
- Cloud Cost Management
- Operations Management
- Orchestration and Delivery
- Billing, Budgeting and Spend Management
- Cloud Recommendations
- Analytics and Reporting
Roles-Based Access Control
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform allows to control user access rights across the platform and privileges across applications and private and public clouds.
- Multiple roles through a single view.
- Efficient way to restrict access to various functions of the cloud management platform.
- Define roles at multiple levels for complete administrative flexibility.
- Granular control of access to functionality.
- Role can be inherited from external directories or defined within the cloud management platform.
Billing and Payment Engine
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform billing and payment system lets you monetize your process, integrate with critical applications, and account and charge for cloud services used.
- Utilization can be billed based on subscription or usage.
- Reconciles payments against invoices and triggers collection processes.
- Capabilities to interface with various payment channels in real time.
- Run the billing engine in stand-alone mode or integrate with external billing systems.
- Supports metered usage, one-time fees, tiers, and other pricing models.
- For enterprise IT, run charge-back/show-back reports manually or automatically.
- Receives real-time billing data, consolidated for reporting, auditing, optimization, chargeback etc; from all major cloud providers.
- Supports one or more external tax engines or define the tax in the cloud management platform.
- Supports volume discounts, tier-based increases, and/or thresholds and groupings you define at the product, package, market segment or individual customer level.
Application and User Provisioning and Administration
The Jamcracker cloud management platform provides self-service provisioning of users and services. The cloud management platform streamlines account setup, synchronizing of user attributes, and self-service access requests.
- Self-service catalog and provisioning.
- Track service licenses efficiently: bought vs. consumed.
- Policy-based provisioning and de-provisioning of resources.
- Centralize management and provisioning control.
- Leverage on-premises, cloud, and hybrid directories to enforce identity-based policies throughout the app lifecycle.
- Delegate user and service administration to lower tiers and/or special Roles.
Identity and Policy Management
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform enforce access policy proactively and detect existing violations in your environment. Business and IT managers can quickly and easily define access policies, using a point-and-click interface.
- LDAP & SAML as the identity provider for user authentication and authorization.
- Single sign-on.
- Manage and govern cloud services using the Cloud Management Platform's policy framework.
- Manage critical business processes and automate tasks using defined rules.
- Supports policy creation for managing and monitoring compute products, and facilitates capacity/resource planning.
- Supports policy creation for users, service provisioning, SLAs, security related policies, billing/chargeback policies, etc.
Budgeting and Spend Management
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform provides governance and spend management for cloud services by letting IT track every expense from beginning to end, including IT costing, chargeback, and showback.
- Visibility into cloud usage vs. budget.
- Granular view of cloud usage via interactive cost analytics dashboards.
- Cost-tracking capability to estimate future trends.
- The budgeting system can set usage thresholds and send alerts.
- Allow flexible cloud services budgeting and track utilization.
- Generate utilization show-back reports.
- Integrate with financial systems for additional governance.
- Consolidated single bill or chargeback statement.
Services Catalog Management
The Jamcracker Cloud Management platform offers a multi-tiered content management system-based catalog, providing the flexibility to onboard and aggregate wide-ranging cloud services (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) and the ability to customize the branding of the marketplace.
- Define, create, and publish IT services and service bundles.
- Service catalogs to support self-service provisioning
- Publish content for various services and associated offers, including both internally hosted services and those sourced directly from cloud providers.
- Define service costs and pricing, while supporting subscription, metered usage, one-time fee, and other pricing models.
- Allow users to compare, order, manage, access, and track usage of cloud resources from a single catalog, from multiple cloud service providers.
- Standardize how services are ordered and delivered, and reduce unnecessary and time-wasting processes.
- Department specific catalog to avoid cloud sprawl.
Extensible Reporting Framework
Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform reporting framework provides comprehensive solution for all forms of reporting needs.
- Ability to build, generate and save own reports.
- Build once and share the report templates to multiple users.
- Centralized reporting data.
- Abstraction and consolidation of reporting data from heterogeneous live data sources.
- Data level RBAC to hide sensitive data by providing better security.
- Isolate and secure live business data at reporting layer with "read only" access.
- Encrypt or mask sensitive data rendered to reports.
- Audit report usage patterns and data accessed and track reports created, modified, viewed and deleted.
- Integration and Flexibility - Easy integration with 3rd party reporting tools like Tableau, Pentaho, Jasper, SiSense etc.
- Simplify data access for external integration such as billing, budget feeds etc.
- Flexibility to configure large reports for email notification to download and view offline.
Monitoring and Dashboards
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform helps identify problems before they arise, by allowing virtual machines to be monitored continuously.
- Captures information such as CPU and RAM utilization, physical memory usage, network bandwidth I/O utilization, disk I/O utilization, and more.
- Monitoring information supports root-cause analysis, bringing controlling and preventative maintenance capability of cloud resources.
- Rules-based alarms/notifications for usage thresholds and monitoring parameters.
- Seamless integration with other monitoring applications.
- Extensive dashboards for complete visibility and control over performance, availability, and capacity utilization.
- Visibility into the organization's cloud usage and configurable widgets that display granular views.
- Multi-level cost-tracking capability provides current and historical usage data to estimate cost trends.
- Real time inventory of IaaS resources from various cloud providers.
- Holistic recommendations to optimize the cloud cost.
- Extensive cost and tag analytics dashboards
Cloud Orchestration and Delivery
The Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform provides provisioning and orchestration framework that can support multiple clouds and transform IT department into a self-service organization.
- Automate, configure, and provision cloud resources from any cloud with just a few clicks.
- Automates the deployment and management of infrastructure services and applications across public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Deliver infrastructure services faster, by managing resource usage, availability, scalability, performance, and more.
- Orchestrate multi-cloud infrastructure services, such as compute, storage, load balancers, firewall, networking, etc.
- Simplify, automate, and optimize service deployment by accelerating delivery of cloud capabilities across various environments and infrastructures.
- Manage virtual-machine sprawl, using policies to automate high-scale provisioning and de-provisioning of resources.
- Greater efficiency, control, and scalability, by designing, launching, and managing cloud workloads (AppStacks) through a single drag-and-drop GUI.
- Track cloud services usage from various cloud providers.
Discovery & Cloud Migration
Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform helps to identify, analyze, plan and track cloud migration.
- Data center insights like summary of resources, VM distribution, CPU and memory utilization, VM count by CPU, cost trend etc.
- Mark the resources for migration and track the progress with the help of tags.
- Compare cost and configuration of resources before and after migration with the help of tags.
- Insights into private and public cloud usage and cost side by side.
Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform helps to accelerate the IT Automation by automating cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
- Easy and efficient way to run required scripts available within the platform and launch essential resources within seconds.
- Complements the existing IaaS features in Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform.
- Eliminates the need to on-board various resources of different public cloud providers on Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform.
- Integrated with Ansible at present and other popular configuration management tools to follow.
Cloud Cost Arbitrage
Jamcracker Cloud Management Platform helps to compare various public cloud providers and get a cost comparison of their offerings instantly.
- loud VM comparison - Choose the desired VM configuration and instantly get a cost comparison of various public providers’ offerings.
- Compare databases, load balancers and other cloud resources to easily compare the prices.
- Create wish list and compare estimated price for the whole stack across providers.