Hybrid Cloud Management Package
Organizations have embraced cloud services wholeheartedly and made it an active part of their IT strategy. Considering the huge momentum in cloud adoption and deployment, questions arise about the efficient management and control of these services. A combination of complex cloud infrastructure from various vendors, a couple of legacy systems, and ambiguity over individual users launching multi-cloud services independently can all create chaos and uncertainty – and lead to uncontrolled cost. It is critical that IT take proactive approach to manage cloud deployments, otherwise usage can grow out of control.
If any of the challenges mentioned above reflect your organization's situation, you need a unified Cloud management solution that lets you build a multi-cloud environment with the much need control without sacrificing business agility. Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management appliance integrates the disparate cloud environments and allows you to control your cloud resources with purpose built automation, orchestration, policy enforcement, and management tools. With an easy to install and manage virtual appliance, Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management appliance helps IT to rein cloud sprawl while enterprises adopt cloud services across the organization.
It provides a complete set of tools at your fingertips so that you can launch and manage your cloud resources, track resources, set resource thresholds and use policies to automatically terminate resources.
Hybrid Cloud Management With Jamcracker Platform
With Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management appliance, you can use the most popular public clouds & private clouds, including:
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft AzureStack
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- VMWare vCenter
The solution supports end-to-end life cycle management of various cloud resources. It supports automated provisioning and configuration of virtual machines, workload stacks, block storage, and network interfaces.
- Consistent user experience when launching and managing resources irrespective of cloud vendor.
- Orchestration of cloud infrastructure services.
- Attach/Detach/Edit cloud resources and properties
- Termination of cloud resources.
- Notification on successful provisioning, as well as errors during provisioning.
Policy Based Governance
The policy framework helps businesses create policies in real time to optimize the use of cloud resources.
- Supports several out-of-the box monitoring and scheduling policies to govern cloud usage
- Allows automatic scheduling of operational hours and automatic shutdown of virtual machine instances
- Create triggers to generate alerts from monitoring of various parameters
- Alerts administrators on volumes that have been dis-associated from Virtual machines (standalone VMs) for more than a set number of days.
- Activates policy driven actions that automatically deletes volumes that have been dis-associated from virtual machines (standalone VMs) for more than a set number of days.
- Tracks cloud usage and cost information and alerts administrators when the total usage for the account is greater than a certain value.
- Administrators can apply policy changes to provisioned resources
- Provides a complete list of policies executed, in a chronological order. The status of each policies executed is reported, including details of all the actions executed as part of a triggered Policy.
Cloud Analytics Dashboard
Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management appliance provides comprehensive visibility of your cloud costs. It provides meaningful cloud cost and usage data by projects, departments, products, vendors, and business units.
- Real Time Analytics Dashboard enables you to get a snapshot of the status of the various resources. It helps you to instantly know when the resources were provisioned, and if the resources are being used or kept idle.
- Cost Analytics Dashboard provides a consolidated, as well as granular view of your cloud costs. It provides a comprehensive view of the cloud cost trends and usage patterns by projects, departments, products, vendors, and business units.
- Tag Analytics Dashboard helps you organize your cloud resources based on tags and provides the ability to categorize them for billing purposes. Further, it helps you to analyze the cost of resources according to various business categories.
Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
Role Based Access Control (RBAC) enables organizations to restrict/permit users to access various functions.
- Administrators can assign users to various roles. Each role can be assigned various permissions.
- RBAC helps organizations gain control over proper utilization of the cloud resources. For examples, only roles with an "order" privilege can launch cloud resources.
Directory Server sync
With directory server sync support, your users can use their existing network login credentials to login to Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management appliance. Integration support includes:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Any Directory Server supporting DSML / LDAP.
The Showback report provides clear visibility into how cloud resources are used by the organization and departments.
- The Showback report shows high-level allocation of IT services and cost to business units.
- Costs can be rolled up to show consolidated usage information by departments and business units within an enterprise.
- Details of the quantity of cloud services and associated cost can be traced back at a user, business unit or line of business level.
- Enterprise admin can view the Cost analytics for the entire cloud Store.
- Widgets indicating the ‘Untagged’ resources and their associated costs are available, to enable stricter tagging rules to be enforced and facilitate chargeback allocation accurately.
- Enterprise admin can access the 'Custom Reports' and generate their own set of canned reports. Supported custom reports include the 'Daily Consumption' report with details of license and usage at a granular level and the Order Information Report.
Migration dashboard provides insights into your private cloud usage and cost, side by side with your public cloud usage and cost. Migration dashboard enables you to quickly track, analyze and plan your datacenter migration.
Jamcracker Devops Framework / Resource Scripts
Resource Scripts in JSDN offer a standard resource library to launch resources such as VMs, VPC, Subnet and also RDS. This framework is built in a manner to extend its capability to cater to any or all kinds of resources across multiple public cloud providers. Although the current version of JSDN certifies launching of resources such as VMs, VPC, Subnet and RDS on AWS Cloud, it can be easily extended to cater to other providers in the IaaS public cloud arena as well. It is strongly backed with RBAC control to regulate the privileges available to different roles in your organization.
With Cost Comparator, users of the store will be able to choose the desired VM configuration and instantly get a cost comparison of various public providers’ offerings matching or nearly matching the selection criteria.
Self Service Portal – Multiple Clouds
Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management appliance offers an all-in-one portal where users are able to perform all cloud management functions, as described below:
- Supports a multi-provider catalog with Application Stack templates for public cloud environments.
- Offers enterprise users instant access to a board rang of cloud infrastructure resource.
- Provides quick availability of cloud resources and access to the catalog, users can then immediately buy and provision the cloud resources as required.
- Provides pre-configured "corporate approved cloud resources authorized for access by users" there by significantly reducing the threat of "shadow IT and cloud sprawl".